Now that temperatures are no longer in the 100s, people are beginning to stir from their houses. One fun annual event is the Dallas Arboretum Fall Concert Series. Held on a beautiful lawn overlooking White Rock Lake, the event is every Thursday at 7 pm, with gates opening at 6 pm, through October 27th. Here is the line-up and additional information.
- 9/15 A Hard Night’s Day – Beatles Tribute – sponsored by Graff Chevrolot
- 9/22 Dallas Unlimited – Popular Hits from the Decades – sponsored by Weaver LLP
- 9/29 Max Stalling – Original Country
- 10/6 Blaze of Glory – Bon Jovi Tribute – sponsored by Macy’s
- 10/13 4 Way Street – CSNY Tribute – sponsored by Probity Advisors
- 10/20 Signed Sealed Delivered – Hits of the Decades – sponsored by Capital One Bank
- 10/27 Micky & The Motorcars – Alternative Country
You can pack a cooler with food and beverages or order from Highland Park Cafeteria for a nice meal. Menus and details are here. Food, while important, isn’t the only fun thing at the concert. Weekly costume contests will be held and prizes will be given. A child’s Halloween costume contest will be held the last week for children 10 years and under.
In addition to the concert, people who come for this event will get to preview the new Nancy Rutchik Red Maple Rill. Two hundred red maples representing 80 species will be in all their glory for the preview. The actual exhibit does not open to the public until April.
Prices. Fall season passes are $42 for members, $105 for everyone else. These passes are limited in number. Individual tickets are $9 for members, $16 for non-members. Children 2-12 are $9, and children under 2 are free. To purchase tickets, go online here, or call 214-515-6524.
It is finally getting cool enough for outdoor events. Come to the Dallas Arboretum and enjoy their concerts every Thursday until it gets cold.
For more help gardening, buy my book, Preparing A Vegetable Garden From The Ground Up
Available in print or ebook from Amazon.com or other retailers, this book walks you from choosing the site of your garden all the way through what to do after the harvest. Buy a copy for yourself or a friend today!